How soon can a person divorce after getting citizenship - without any problem?

Houston, TX |

It is a marriage based n400/citizenship case. How soon can a person divorce after getting citizenship - whitout any problems? Is there a minimum/recommended waiting period?

you can get divorced in a reasonable period of time. as long as you have proof that you were living together when you got your citizenship and that the marriage was valid. go see adan vega or bruce coane, the two best immigration specialists in houston. tell them i said hello. tomas

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.

If it is a bonafide marriage, with all the proof/evidence; what would be consider to be "a reasonable period of time"?

Thomas Esparza Jr.

Thomas Esparza Jr.

that is the question and that is why you should go see an attorney. reasonable changes depending on the facts

Based on your knowledge and experience (and what you have heard/seen/know about), what would be the minimum waiting time, and, what would be the maximum waiting time [after the citizenship] that would be considered to be "a reasonable period of time"? Thanks for your prompt response!!

I agree with My colleague.

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Will immigration officials question/get us into trouble if we divorce too soon?

There is no minimum, but you will need to be able to prove that the marriage was valid and not just one for immigration purposes.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

When might we need to prove that the marriage was valid and not just one for immigration purposes? Will ICE/DHS/etc come after us if we divorce too soon? Based on your knowledge and experience (and what you have heard/seen/know about), what would be the minimum waiting time, and, what would be the maximum waiting time [after the citizenship] that would be considered to be "a reasonable period of time"?