How soon after a car accident should we take pictures of injuries?

My wife was in a car accident, and she took pictures of injuries as soon as she got home. The next day she woke up with more aches and bruises. Should she have waited to take pictures until later, or is it OK to add more pictures to the original pictures?

Oklahoma City, OK -

Tai Christopher Bogan

Tai Christopher Bogan

Personal Injury Lawyer - Modesto, CA

I agree with the other poster. I would add to take pictures right away and every so often if not everyday to show the progression of the injury. Sometimes injuries get worse before they get better and maybe a picture taken 1 week later looks and is worse that the injury on day 1. This is especially true with swelling and infections.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.
Sponsored Listing
Jimmy D. Speed

Jimmy D. Speed

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Durant, OK

It is okay to take pictures whenever something appears at a later time. As a matter of fact, pictures do more good that a simple description of a bruise at a later time.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Bronx, NY

It is always appropriate to take picturese of an injury. In fact, every time you take photos take one with that days newspaper in the background and save the paper. More importantly, however, is to get to the hospital/doctor without further delay. Next, call a local and qualified personal injury attorney. Report the incident to your insurance company. Do not speak with the other driver/owner's insurance company.

Marc Christopher Lenahan

Marc Christopher Lenahan

Personal Injury Lawyer - Dallas, TX

Frequently. Your goal is to let the insurance company and jury rest assured that they are getting the honest and complete story.

Marc

••••• Sent Mobile •••••

Marc C. Lenahan
Lenahan Law, P.L.L.C.
SevereInjuryLawFirm.com

214•295•1008
214•295•2664 fax
888•482•2820 toll-free

2655 Villa Creek, Suite 204
Dallas, Texas 75235
Law@Lenahan.com

Advisory Board Member,
National Crime Victims Bar Association

Board Member,
Brain Injury Association of Texas