How soon after a car accident should we take pictures of injuries?

Oklahoma City, OK |

My wife was in a car accident, and she took pictures of injuries as soon as she got home. The next day she woke up with more aches and bruises. Should she have waited to take pictures until later, or is it OK to add more pictures to the original pictures?

1. It is always appropriate to take picturese of an injury. In fact, every time you take photos take one with that days newspaper in the background and save the paper. More importantly, however, is to get to the hospital/doctor without further delay. Next, call a local and qualified personal injury attorney. Report the incident to your insurance company. Do not speak with the other driver/owner's insurance company.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. I agree with the other poster. I would add to take pictures right away and every so often if not everyday to show the progression of the injury. Sometimes injuries get worse before they get better and maybe a picture taken 1 week later looks and is worse that the injury on day 1. This is especially true with swelling and infections.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

3. Frequently. Your goal is to let the insurance company and jury rest assured that they are getting the honest and complete story.

Marc

••••• Sent Mobile •••••

Marc C. Lenahan
    Lenahan Law, P.L.L.C.
    SevereInjuryLawFirm.com

214•295•1008
    214•295•2664 fax
    888•482•2820 toll-free

2655 Villa Creek, Suite 204
    Dallas, Texas 75235
    Law@Lenahan.com

Advisory Board Member,
    National Crime Victims Bar Association

Board Member,
    Brain Injury Association of Texas

4. It is okay to take pictures whenever something appears at a later time. As a matter of fact, pictures do more good that a simple description of a bruise at a later time.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is a general response to a general question. This answer is not meant to be specific legal advice, does not constitute specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer also does not constitute nor is it intended as attorney advertising. You should always consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific, individual situation. Contacting Speed Law Office does not create an attorney-client relationship.