Skip to main content

How should my son plead

Philadelphia, PA |
Filed under: Juvenile law

my son was driving at age 17 with a 21 year old in the car who had purchased the beer and got a citation for transporting alcohol. By under cover state police, is that illegal. No one had been drinking and all of the alcohol was un opened in the trunk."

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Retain a local criminal defense attorney, have him plead not guilty and have the attorney explore all options to avoid a conviction. Good luck.

  2. Did your son know that the alcohol was in the trunk?

    There are defenses to every alleged crime.

    Retain an attorney who will review every defense with you.

    Until retained, this answer does not constitute legal advise, as it is based on extremely limited information.

  3. It would be in your son's best interest to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney. A minor who is found guilty of transporting alcohol will suffer a 90 day loss of license. An attorney can look into whether the officers initial stop of your son's vehicle was illegal, as well as the subsequent search of the vehicle's trunk. An attorney may also be able to work out a resolution with the officer whereby your son would not lose his license.

  4. My colleagues have really summed it up well. More would need to be known, but investigation by a private attorney is important. Be aware that there may be collateral consequences, specifically a license suspension. A plea that can avoid that may be an option.

    This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

  5. More information is necessary. You will need to engage a criminal defense attorney in PA to consult with.

    BROOKS LAW FIRM - Our commitment to excellence means we never settle for less Copyright © 2013 Brooks Law Firm-All Rights Reserved. This web site and profile is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics