How should I write a "quite enjoyment of their home." letter to my landlord when he is wanting to inspect my apt every week

Arthur, IA |

my landlord found out I have animals and now he is wanting to raise my rent 150, kick me out, and do weekly inspections. it was an oral rental agreement and was never said I couldn't have animals. he has texted me 48 times in the last 5 days. I don't know what I should do. I have no place to go right now, but I am looking for a new place. I will be homeless if I am kicked out. I also have a medical problem that having animals actually helps it. I have 3 kids and I need help with the right way to deal with this. PLEASE HELP

See Chapter 562A, the code of Iowa. If you have oral 30 day month to month lease with nowhere to go I don't know this helps..

In order to evict you, your landlord needs to provide thirty day notice, which would expire at the end of your next month. For example, if he gave you notice today, you would have until the end of April to leave. If you did not leave by the end of April, he would then need to file an eviction action. In short, you do not need to leave until a judge tells you that you need to leave. Similarly, he has to give you thirty day notice to change any terms of your lease, including increasing your rent. If he gave you notice today that your rent was being increased, the first increased payment would be 01 May. You may need to contact a landlord tenant attorney or Iowa Legal Aid if he is not aware of these requirements.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

Recommended articles about Real estate