How should I write a "quite enjoyment of their home." letter to my landlord when he is wanting to inspect my apt every week

Asked 7 months ago - Arthur, IA

my landlord found out I have animals and now he is wanting to raise my rent 150, kick me out, and do weekly inspections. it was an oral rental agreement and was never said I couldn't have animals. he has texted me 48 times in the last 5 days. I don't know what I should do. I have no place to go right now, but I am looking for a new place. I will be homeless if I am kicked out. I also have a medical problem that having animals actually helps it. I have 3 kids and I need help with the right way to deal with this. PLEASE HELP

1. John Owen Moeller

Pro

1

Answered . See Chapter 562A, the code of Iowa. If you have oral 30 day month to month lease with nowhere to go I don't know this helps..

2. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . In order to evict you, your landlord needs to provide thirty day notice, which would expire at the end of your next month. For example, if he gave you notice today, you would have until the end of April to leave. If you did not leave by the end of April, he would then need to file an eviction action. In short, you do not need to leave until a judge tells you that you need to leave. Similarly, he has to give you thirty day notice to change any terms of your lease, including increasing your rent. If he gave you notice today that your rent was being increased, the first increased payment would be 01 May. You may need to contact a landlord tenant attorney or Iowa Legal Aid if he is not aware of these requirements.