How should I handle an underage drinking charge?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Havertown, PA

I grabbed a single beer out of my fathers fridge on my birthday to celebrate my 18th birthday with my cousin. We went to his house, I drank it with dinner, and took the empty bottle with me, so as to not allow my Aunt see it in the trash and blame my cousin. My cousin and I pulled up infront of my house and wrapped up the conversation we had been having when police cars pull up behind us. I'm taking to the station after they see the empty beer bottle in my hand, and after I blow a 0.00% in a breathalyzer. I want to know what I should say to the judge, I don't want a record and I want to mitigate my fine to save money for college next year. What should I do?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What you will likely hear first from any attorney is this: STOP POSTING to this site. Go seek competent counsel. A suggestion? Robert Keller, who has an office in Havertown.

  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk with an attorney immediately about your situation and what you should be doing now. The good thing is that you blew a 0.0. This is something that you may want to fight but again I would talk it over with an attorney so you understands all your options.

    If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to give me a call anytime today.


    Zachary B. Cooper, Esq.
    Levow & Associates, PC
    Limited to DUI and Criminal Defense

  3. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should immediately consult with an attorney because of the potential ramifications of an underage charge. Based on the facts provided, you have a case worth fighting. I would need more information to provide any advice. Feel free to contact my office (215-839-9529) for a free, no-obligation consultation.

    Thank you for your question and best of luck!

    LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fienman is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His phone number is 215-... more
  4. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will be ok with a professional help from a local attorney, there is nothing else to add here...

    Of course my answers are not the only source that you should rely on. Furthermore, its best to contact me about... more
  5. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It does not appear that the police can prove a crime was committed. You should have an attorney represent you to maximize the result. Good luck.

Related Topics

Breathalyzer test for DUI

A breathalyzer is a type of DUI test that involves blowing into a device to test your blood alcohol content.

Lawrence E. Wines

Defending a Breath Test

Breath testing has been around from the 1930(s) and many of the standards are based upon 1950(s) understanding. Every breath testing machine is different and each manufacturers product has... more

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now