How should I handle an underage drinking charge?

Havertown, PA |

I grabbed a single beer out of my fathers fridge on my birthday to celebrate my 18th birthday with my cousin. We went to his house, I drank it with dinner, and took the empty bottle with me, so as to not allow my Aunt see it in the trash and blame my cousin. My cousin and I pulled up infront of my house and wrapped up the conversation we had been having when police cars pull up behind us. I'm taking to the station after they see the empty beer bottle in my hand, and after I blow a 0.00% in a breathalyzer. I want to know what I should say to the judge, I don't want a record and I want to mitigate my fine to save money for college next year. What should I do?

What you will likely hear first from any attorney is this: STOP POSTING to this site. Go seek competent counsel. A suggestion? Robert Keller, who has an office in Havertown.

Well that wasn't helpful in the slightest...

Steven R. Koense

Steven R. Koense

You are putting details of a criminal matter (no matter how serious) online for all to see and you dont think the advice to stop posting was helpful? And, you are asking for legal advice, too? Go to Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. §6308 for further information on your legal plight. At worst this is a summary offense and a suspension of driving privileges and a $500 fine. Contact a criminal defense lawyer in your town who can help.

Talk with an attorney immediately about your situation and what you should be doing now. The good thing is that you blew a 0.0. This is something that you may want to fight but again I would talk it over with an attorney so you understands all your options.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to give me a call anytime today.

Thanks

Zachary B. Cooper, Esq.
Levow & Associates, PC
Limited to DUI and Criminal Defense
484-614-6154--Cell

Zachary Cooper

Zachary Cooper

We're you able to talk with an attorney about this?

You should immediately consult with an attorney because of the potential ramifications of an underage charge. Based on the facts provided, you have a case worth fighting. I would need more information to provide any advice. Feel free to contact my office (215-839-9529) for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Thank you for your question and best of luck!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fienman is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His phone number is 215-839-9529 and his email address is michael@forgoodlaw.com . To learn more about Mr. Fienman, please visit his website: http://www.forgoodlaw.com Mr. Fienman is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Fienman's responses are merely educational and are intended only to provide general information about the matter stated in question. Oftentimes, the question does not include significant facts that, if known, could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fienman always recommends that the questioner contact an attorney who is licensed in their state to ensure that proper advice is received. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

You will be ok with a professional help from a local attorney, there is nothing else to add here...

Of course my answers are not the only source that you should rely on. Furthermore, its best to contact me about your Legal or Medical issues at my office number 215-240-7565. Licensed to Practice Law in PA and NJ. Medical PA license.

It does not appear that the police can prove a crime was committed. You should have an attorney represent you to maximize the result. Good luck.