How should I fill out my financial affidavit?

Tampa, FL |

I am filling out a financial affidavit for child support and currently being sued by 4 different lenders including the former marital home's mortgage company. Within our mediation agreement my ex assumed all the cash of a sizable estate because, as they said at the time "he assumed all the debt." Prior to signing the agreement he defaulted on credit cards, loans, and afterwards the marital home. He also retained all my personal property and my marital mediated half which he absorbed within his most current financial affidavit. Should I list half the debt or the full amount of the debt on my affidavit? I have the legal documents to support that I am not without the burden of repayment for court.

1. You need to get an attorney, and possibly also talk to a bankruptcy attorney. It sounds to me like you are not being treated properly here.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

2. An attorney cannot really answer your question without reviewing all the documents. Did your ex agree to "protect and indemnify you" in the event he defaulted on any payments he was supposed to make as part of the marital settlement agreement? Alston & Baker provides free consultations. If you are interested please contact us.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVISE and are for informational purposes only. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship and is based on limited information. A full review of additional facts might change the answer, therefore you should not rely on this answer as legal advise. I recommend that you consult with an attorney who can review your case in detail, understand the specifics of your claims, and protect your interests before you take any actions.

Child custody topics