Skip to main content

How should I file for TPS if I already filed an EAD under Special Student Relief?

Glendale Heights, IL |

I am a Syrian international student, I applied for EAD under Special Student Relief, I would apply for TPS also, the TPS requires to file an EAD with it even if I don't want an EAD under TPS, but in the EAD application I have to chose if I am applying for either a Permission for employment authorization, Replacement or Renewal of permission
so what should chose in this case ?
also in the last paper of the TPS application there is a check list and its include the following: Did you also submit the form I-765 with the filling fee or with a written request for a fee wavier of the filling fee? but in that case I am submitting the EAD without the fees because I already did for the previous EAD,should I check that or no?

Attorney Answers 2


This is a repeat question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You should get the assistance of an immigration lawyer to avoid pitfalls in the application.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics