How should I file for TPS if I already filed an EAD under Special Student Relief?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Glendale Heights, IL

I am a Syrian international student, I applied for EAD under Special Student Relief, I would apply for TPS also, the TPS requires to file an EAD with it even if I don't want an EAD under TPS, but in the EAD application I have to chose if I am applying for either a Permission for employment authorization, Replacement or Renewal of permission
so what should chose in this case ?
also in the last paper of the TPS application there is a check list and its include the following: Did you also submit the form I-765 with the filling fee or with a written request for a fee wavier of the filling fee? but in that case I am submitting the EAD without the fees because I already did for the previous EAD,should I check that or no?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is a repeat question.

  2. Elizabeth Clare Surin


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should get the assistance of an immigration lawyer to avoid pitfalls in the application.

    An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,068 answers this week

2,896 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary