How serious is it to a have 14 year old warrant in lake county for a dui?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

a relative has a unique situation. he was unaware of a warrant after recieving a DUI in 1999. he was recently arrested for it and sent to cook county jail then relocated to lake county jail. his attorney got him out of the 90 day sentence but his court dates keep comming and going with no resolution or answers to when he will be released. if he is released but has to wear an ankle braclet for the 12 weeks he has to attend classes, how much more will that cost?

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . No one could predict the actual outcome of that stale protracted legal matter, however, in my opinion, the most instrumental person affecting that pending criminal case is the attorney of record. That person has to have the most complete understanding of the applicable legal strategy, has to know each legal nuance for appropriate tactics of handling this matter to a more or less optimal closure, et cetera.
    If you feel your counsel is not up to that ordeal you may retain another criminal defense attorney of your choosing.
    In terms of legal fees, each attorney values their professional work based on several factors such as experience, skills and personal attention to the legal matter, thus, a fee would depend on these considerations, yet, I canot quote you a set amount for this complex legal matter, especially to be perfomed by another legal professional.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

2

Answered . Only the attorney handling the case can answer this. There may be grounds to get the case dismissed as well for the failure to prosecute but that will depend on the facts.
    Robert Driessen

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

1

Answered . I suggest talking to his current attorney about your concerns. If the attorney does not answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, your relative is free to hire other counsel. Keep in mind that the attorney may not be able to talk to you about the case, unless he has your relative's permission. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen