How room count is calculated to determine maintenance charges in a HDFC coop?

New York, NY |

You might think my question is stupid, ...just count the room yourself right? I found out that the room count is not as simple as adding the number of rooms. However I haven't found a definitive answer to how to determine the room count in a coop HDFC, HPD sponsored building.
I found the term zoning room and dweling unit and I am trying to see with conditions applied to construction but not to finance.
I placed this same question a few months a go and an attorney told me to look in the by laws, I see how everybody is confused about room count. But an HDFC is regulated by HPD so the definition need to be public and accesible. I have found definitions online but don't know if they are correct,
so anybody can tell me the definition of room count and the law behind it?

1. You can just call the HPD offices and speak to a live person for free. No one knows their rules better than they do.