How prior should one file for extent ion for stay? What is Minimum time required?

Dallas, TX |

As I have already applied for status change b1 to f1, and result are still pending ,I have applied extent ion today, 8th Nov is last day for my stay in USA, what are the chances, and are there any other way I can stay back here?

You are in status while your application is pending . Do not forget to apply for immigration lottery.

I am from India and I guess India is not eligible country to apply immigration lottery. Is that true?

Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

Yes.

If my f1 is pending do i automatically get 120 days extent ion? And I can stay

You should not have filed the B-1 extension after you filed the COS to F.

You should talk to an attorney about the wisdom of going home for the F stamping.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Oh its that too late to file extension?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

No, an extension application isn't necessary after you had filed the COS. Talk to an attorney and/or the foreign student adviser ... you now have two 'competing' applications pending.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

NO there is no automatic extension for what you have done. In fact, as mentioned before, you might have messed things up. Talk to your foreign student adviser and/or an attorney. Do not wait for CIS to send you a letter ... it might be too late.

No haven't file extension yet,

Now it's just f1 is pending, so in this case I am automatically having extension?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

I'm confused ... your question stated (emphasis added): "As I have already applied for status change b1 to f1, and result are still pending ,I HAVE APPLIED EXTENSION TODAY."

Recommended articles about Immigration