How prior should one file for extent ion for stay? What is Minimum time required?

Dallas, TX |

As I have already applied for status change b1 to f1, and result are still pending ,I have applied extent ion today, 8th Nov is last day for my stay in USA, what are the chances, and are there any other way I can stay back here?

1. You are in status while your application is pending . Do not forget to apply for immigration lottery.

2. You should not have filed the B-1 extension after you filed the COS to F.

You should talk to an attorney about the wisdom of going home for the F stamping.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.