How old would i have tobe to decide where i wanna live ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pomeroy, OH

i live with my dad and step mother and my step mother hates me and one of my step brother kicks me and pushes me and my other brothers calls me bad names

1. Christopher Joseph Tamms

1

Answered . You have to be 18 in Ohio to "decide" where you want to live. However if your mother files for modification of parental rights, you will likely be afforded the opportunity to speak to a guardian as litem or perhaps even the court itself. Courts will often consider the wishes of children who are mature enough to articulate good reasons why they want what they want. Getting good grades and being a good citizen will add to your credibility. You might also consider keeping a secret journal of what your father or stepmother does that you find bothersome. This documentation may help a guardian as litem understand your situation better.