How old does our child need to be to be listed as the grantee on a beneficiary deed? 18, 21?

Arvada, CO |

We have an 18 year old we want to list is that alright in Colorado?

1. Yes, that is perfectly fine. He/she is no longer a minor.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. Legally an 18 year old can take title to the real estate and may be named as the beneficiary under a beneficiary deed, but are you comfortable with the 18 year old managing the property? If not, consider a trust for the benefit of the child, which owns the real estate.

3. Yes . . . 18 is fine.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.