How old does a person have to be to date someone over the age of 18?

Asked about 2 years ago - South Milwaukee, WI

I am 17 and like a 19 year old, but do not know when it is legal to date this person. I hear from friends that it is 17 and a half, I am just unsure.

1. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

4

Answered . You can date them, you just can't have sexual intercourse with them or they will be subjected to misdemeanor charges of sex with a minor (9 months jail/10,000 fine)

2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Answered . One other thing to realize that Bill Clinton had it wrong as far as the definition of "Sexual Intercourse" goes, at least as far as Wisconsin law goes. In my day, back in the dark ages, this was called "heavy petting."

The statute that specifies that definition is 948.01(6) . There is a link to it below.