How old do kids have to be in the state of VA to not have to go to visitation? Or have a say in if they want to go?

Leesburg, VA |

My 14 year old daughter has requested numerous times to not go to visitation with her stepfather. How old does she have to be before she gets a say in whether or not she has to go?

Yes there is a court ordered visitation schedule in place. He however limits her involvement with extra activities.

I need a little clarification. You question indicates that she doesn't want to visit her "step" father? Is there court ordered visitation?

We would be happy to offer you a free consultation.

Good Luck,

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. This site presents general information & is not intended as legal advice. Accessing this page, & any interior pages, is a request for information. That notwithstanding, nothing on these pages, or on any pages linked to these pages, shall be construed as legal advice, nor shall anything on these pages by itself operate to create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship cannot be created before the firm has accepted the representation. Acceptance cannot occur before the firm engages you with services & runs a conflict check & your have been notified that you are a client of the law office by email or other written means. Please do not make legal decisions without first having a direct one on one consultation with a Virginia Attorney or an Attorney in you area that knows the relevant facts of your case. &

Sammid Mansoor, Esq
Mansoor Law Firm, PLLC
116 R Edwards Ferry RD NE
Leesburg, VA 20176

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody