How old do i have to be to bring my family in United States and wht kind of documents do i need?

how old do i have to be to bring my family in United States and wht kinda documents do i need?

Baltimore, MD -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If you are a U.S. citizen, as soon as you reach 21 years of age, you can petition for your parents and your brothers and sisters. The waiting times for brothers and sisters, however, are quite long.

For additional information, please see

Ricky Malik

Ricky Malik

Immigration Attorney - Manassas, VA

21 years for parents and siblings. Differs if you want to bring your spouse (best to check with an immigration attorney for specifics). There are quite a few documents that you need and the what-and-when depends on which family members you want to bring. Assuming they are outside the United States, you initially need to prove the relationship and file the petition with USCIS. I think it could benefit you greatly to meet with an attorney to discuss further.

Ricky Malik, Esq.
Greencard@mail.com

Maria Fuster Glinsmann

Maria Fuster Glinsmann

Immigration Attorney - Gaithersburg, MD

You have to be 21 years old to bring your family. Here are the family relationships that you may bring to the US:

1. If you are a US Citizen, you can petition a spouse, child (any age, married or unmarried), brothers and sisters.

2. If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident, you can petition a spouse, child (any age, unmarried only).

The documents you'll need depends on the relationship to the family member. Typical documents that you'll need for yourself are: birth certificate, proof your status i.e. naturalization certificate, green card, last 3 years taxes, driver's license and passport style photos. The documents you'll need for your family member include: birth certificate, passport, I-94 card (if she is in the US), marriage certificate, police certificates (if abroad) and more.

Feel free to take advantage of our Free 30 Minute Consultation to get the reliable advice you require. You can schedule your appointment by clicking on the BOOK NOW button on our website: www.glinlaw.com and choose Option 1. The link below will also take you to the appointment scheduling system. We would be happy to work with you so that you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Don't forget to give this answer a thumbs up if you appreciate the time and thoughtfulness of the answer.