How often do you travel across the country to try cases?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

How often do you travel across the country to try cases?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Madhu Kalra


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I usually take cases in Southern California, if court appearance is needed. I have sometime travel to Northern California to assist my special clients. However, for Immigration, I have represented clients all over the world, which does not require my appearance at hearing.

    Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.... more
  2. Neil F. Lewis


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I try to stay local for family reasons. It is also important to me to appear in front of judges who know why am. I infrequently travel out of the state. And generally it is prohibitively expensive to hire me to appear outside the state. I generally travel between Atlanta and Miami.

    I am a pretty smart guy, but I do not know everything. My answers here come from the knowledge I carry around in... more
  3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Context for this question?

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his... more
  4. Kathryn Fenderson Scott

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . My practice is limited to Florida as I am a personal injury attorney admitted to the Florida Bar. I help people who were injured in Florida accidents - but my clients can be local or from all over the world. I have represented clients from all over the States and even from other countries - it just matters to me that they were injured here in Florida.

    I think most attorneys are like me and limit their practice to the state where they live; some attorneys who live on or near the borders of states might get admitted to both state bars.

    I think the lawyers "who travel across the country to try cases" are rare, I would guess the lawyers who travel across country would be either highly specialized or highly public (like a lawyer with a celebrity status maybe like Jerry Spence).

    But I'm just guessing. Why do you ask?

    I am a lawyer in Florida who helps victims of auto accidents. Any answers I write on are my opinion and... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.


Asylum is a form of protection offered to people who fear persecution in their home country and are in the United States or an entry port.

George Tenreiro

The Basics on Applying For Asylum

The asylum process requires thoughtful analysis, together with supplementary materials that reinforce the strength and credibility of one’s application. Applicants should work with an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,853 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,853 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering