Skip to main content

How often can ex-wife take my brother back to court to increase child support payments

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Child support arrears

I am curious if there is a limitation to how often my brothers ex-wife can take him back to court to increase child support payments. The last time she filed papers with the District Attorneys office in Las Vegas to increase the child support payments was in January 2009. She now receives $506.00 a month for his son who is 13 & a daughter who turns 18 in November. He has another daughter he pays child support to as well. He also has a daughter who is 8 by his current wife. Seems every time my brother turns around, his ex wife threatens to take him back to court to increase his child support payments. Please, let me know if there are limitations to how often a person may file court papers to increase child support payments. Thank you so much in advance for all of your help.

Attorney Answers 1


Any time there is "changed circumstances" you can go back to court. Or, every three years without a showing of changed circumstances.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics