How often can a debtor be scheduled for a debtor's exam.

Costa Mesa, CA |

Already had one in October, attorney scheduled a new one for 11/29

You can obtain an order for appearance of judgment debtor as a matter of right once every 120 days, more often for good cause. CCP 708.110.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

If you are referring to the meeting of creditors, and not an examination under Bankrtupcy Rule 2004, the trustee and/or his counsel can repeatedly continue it until they trustee has met his duty under the Bankruptcy Code to examine the debtor and his assets. The meeting of creditors is not concluded unless it has been adjourned by the trustee or his/her counsel. It's usually continued if the trustee has additional questions or has requested documents.

I am only licensed in the state of Illinois. This is only my general observation about the law and my experiences as a practicing attorney. This is not legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice. This does not create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to obtain legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship, then you should directly contact a lawyer licensed in your state who you believe possesses the knowledge and experience to assist you with your case.

Mr. Daymude is, always, thoroughly accurate.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Debtors exams can generally be scheduled as often as is reasonable. If new information has been identified, a new can also be scheduled. Your rights in a debtors exam are seriously at risk. If you don't have an attorney you should give consideration to getting one.

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
Evan.Nielsen@NielsenLawGroup.net
www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.