How often can a debtor be scheduled for a debtor's exam.

Asked over 1 year ago - Costa Mesa, CA

Already had one in October, attorney scheduled a new one for 11/29

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . You can obtain an order for appearance of judgment debtor as a matter of right once every 120 days, more often for good cause. CCP 708.110.

2. Michael Charles Doland

3

Answered . Mr. Daymude is, always, thoroughly accurate.

3. Wendy Erin Morris

2

Answered . If you are referring to the meeting of creditors, and not an examination under Bankrtupcy Rule 2004, the trustee and/or his counsel can repeatedly continue it until they trustee has met his duty under the Bankruptcy Code to examine the debtor and his assets. The meeting of creditors is not concluded unless it has been adjourned by the trustee or his/her counsel. It's usually continued if the trustee has additional questions or has requested documents.

4. Evan A Nielsen

Answered . Debtors exams can generally be scheduled as often as is reasonable. If new information has been identified, a new can also be scheduled. Your rights in a debtors exam are seriously at risk. If you don't have an attorney you should give consideration to getting one.

Evan A. Nielsen
    1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
    Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
    Evan.Nielsen@NielsenLawGroup.net
    www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.