How much would it cost to have a lawyer prepare and file only the court paperwork for an uncontested divorce?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Culpeper, VA

My spouse and I have signed and completed PSA. No kids, no home, small assets, 3 year marriage. We managed to get this far in the process with minimal help, but I think it would be helpful to have a professional prepare the court documents and file them with the court. Would it cost much to have a lawyer finish our divorce for us?

1. H. Eugene Oliver III

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Some attorneys do it flat fee and some do it hourly - I would suggest contacting family law attorneys in your area. I think it is important to have legal help in the process because there are a lot of potential pitfalls if you don't know exactly what to do.

2. Richard Lewis Locke

Answered . Many Lawyers handle this type of case for a flat fee. Our firm does these type of cases for a flat fee of $600. I would contact a local Family Lawyer in the Culpeper area.

3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

Answered . This will vary in range based upon who you call.