How much would it cost to have a lawyer prepare and file only the court paperwork for an uncontested divorce?

Culpeper, VA |

My spouse and I have signed and completed PSA. No kids, no home, small assets, 3 year marriage. We managed to get this far in the process with minimal help, but I think it would be helpful to have a professional prepare the court documents and file them with the court. Would it cost much to have a lawyer finish our divorce for us?

Some attorneys do it flat fee and some do it hourly - I would suggest contacting family law attorneys in your area. I think it is important to have legal help in the process because there are a lot of potential pitfalls if you don't know exactly what to do.

2. This will vary in range based upon who you call.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX

3. Many Lawyers handle this type of case for a flat fee. Our firm does these type of cases for a flat fee of $600. I would contact a local Family Lawyer in the Culpeper area.