How much would it cost for my mom to get custody papers drawn up?

Asked over 2 years ago - Sioux City, IA

i am 17, and i want to live with my real mom, but she had her parental rights terminated awhile ago. but this is my choice.

Additional information

and my family who i live with now is supporting this, i want to get emancipated but i dont know how

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Cindy Bassett

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . If your mother's parental rights were terminated, it is unlikely the court will find that living with her is in your best interests. Until you are legally considered an adult, the court has a responsibility to judge whether you should live with your 'real mom' based on your best interests. Since her rights were terminated in either your or a sibling's best interests, the court will probably not change its position.

    You need to speak with an attorney experienced in juvenile and/or family law.

    Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,393 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,393 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering