How much would it cost for a crimminal attorney on possession of drugs (4 felony and a class 6 felony to represent a person

Asked about 2 years ago - Mesa, AZ

he recieved a summons in the mail (signed for) to appear in court on aug 22,2012 that he had been charged with a class 4 possesion felony and a class 6 paraphialia felony
they told him he had to go down and have his picture and finger prints taken .

1. Scott C Silva

3

Answered . Attorneys charge a wide range of fees, depending on a lot factors. Believe it or not, some very experienced attorneys charge less than other attorneys simply because they have become very good at handling certain types of cases (so it does not require as much of their time because the legal research and writing has already been done!). Your case cost will probably depend on whether or not there are any prior felony convictions or other open cases, i.e. probation cases. If not, a possession case in Superior Court may cost around $2500 (that is an "earned upon receipt" flat fee, not an hourly retainer) to resolve without a trial, more money if you want to fight issues in the case or take the case to a jury trial. Most of these cases resolve with plea bargains or other types of resolutions, but it is hard to say without all the facts. Again, that is just an estimate of what a simple possession case may cost, some attorneys may charge less or more depending on the situation. The attorney will need to talk to you and discuss all the potential issues and problems in the case.

Definately go down and get the fingerprints done. That is not a big deal, and is required.

2. Julio Laboy

2

Answered . Most criminal defense attorneys in AZ charge a flat fee for such cases. The fee is determined in large part on various factors which need to be discussed during a private (free) consultation. For example, some items which may influence the fee include whether the client has prior felony convictions being used by the State; whether they were on probation or community supervision at the time of the offense; whether experts are needed on the case, etc. This matter is a serious one and requires a serious sit down. There are multiple felony counts involved. Feel free to contact me directly any time to discuss. You can call 602-663-7673 to reach my assistant, Ana, to schedule a free consult. Good luck!

3. Frank Mascagni III

3

1

Answered . You need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP. Speak with counsel and show him/her the summons. 5 felony charges for drug possession and drug Paraphernalia is a serious matter.

I don't practice in AZ, but attorneys fees in my state, KY, would range from $1,000.00-5,000.00 retainer to $5000.00-25,000.00 for all events up through and including a multiple day jury trial in state court. There are several criminal defense attorneys from AZ on this avvo website who may respond to your post. Get counsel!