How much would he serve for a 6 year sentence?

Dallas, TX |

My husband just got offered 6 year's for Burglary Of Habitation and Robbery. He does have felonies for drug charges that he has served 1 year TDC. He's 22 and all of his charges he has ever had are drug charges. He has no burglary or robbery charges as a juvenile. How long will he serve for 6 year's TDC time?
We have a baby coming in 1 month and I don't know how to handle this. He is still in the county jail and don't know if i'm still able to fight for less time. Please let me know how much he would serve if he signed for 6 year's TDC.

Thank you.

you need to ask his lawyer these questions so you can get the most accurate answer

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

No one can tell you for sure. If a deadly weapon is alleged, he will have to do at least half of his time. If not, he will probably be eligible in a little over a year. However, because of his record he's not likely to get paroled the first time.

His attorney is the only one who can tell you if there's any chance the DA will come off that offer at all.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

There is no way to guess for certain. Because he does not have an aggravated offense, there is no minimum. (Aggravated offenses serve 1/2 before becoming eligible for parole.)

The prosecutor will have written a statement about the offenses, and the parole board will consider that as well as his behavior and what he has to return home to (a house, a wife, a job, a baby......)

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220