Skip to main content

How much would a lawyer charge for my particular court hearing?

Compton, CA |

I was convicted of Unlawful Intercourse on September 2011. I didn't need to register as a sex offender, but I did need to complete a 52-week sex offender counseling program. Prior to my completion of the program, the program director announced that a new regulation required us to take a polygraph test to find out if we haven't "re-offended." My probation officer said it was a requirement and if I wanted to dispute it I would need to do so in court. That's just what I want to do. How much would a lawyer charge for this? What are my chances? And would any lawyer here be willing to take my case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, this is a new probation term that is being applied in so-called sex cases more and more. Did the judge, at the time of sentencing, indicate this would be a term and condition of probation? A lot depends on the record from that hearing.

If your original attorney can't help you, call me. 213-324-4206.


You need to talk with your original attorney and/or seek another criminal defense attorney to advise you on this. This is a serious matter. Private defense counsel fees vary from attorney to attorney. Contact several by telephone and discuss this matter and their fees and fee arrangements.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


I agree with Attorney Mascagni. AVVO is an entirely appropriate resource for locating attorneys, and there are others out there. Interview as many as you need until you have located one who is both qualified and whose fee arrangement is acceptable.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer