How much would a lawyer charger for helping with the application for the dream act

Flushing, NY |

My lawyer wants to charge me 2100 for doing all the procedure with the dream act

1. I think that's a lot personally, but I don't want to second guess your lawyer. Personally i would change much less, but there are many factors involved in choosing an attorney.

2. How much a lawyer charges depends on the complexity of each individual case and thus the time to be spent putting such a case together.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Every lawyer is different. I suggest you interview several immigration lawyers but don't be penny wise and pound foolish - you want to hire someone who knows what he/she is doing. You have a lot to gain but a lot to lose if its done wrong.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.