Skip to main content

How much will cost to draft a living trust, I just have a house and checking and saving account

Apopka, FL |

I also have 4 adult children

Attorney Answers 4

  1. If your two accounts add up to less than $75,000.00, you are probably better off with just a Will because a summary probate would be available no matter what the value of your home is. As long as you devise your home to children (or spouse outright if you have one), the home will be considered exempt property and will not count towards the $75,000 summary probate maximum asset value. You can likely also add your children as payable on death beneficiaries on your accounts in order to keep those assets out of probate and free from creditor claims. Trusts are not always the best answer for avoiding probate - and will not avoid probate if there are significant creditors of your estate.

    This is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  2. You may not need a trust to accomplish your intentions. A trust is not always necessary. If you are wanting to avoid probate, there are other ways you can accomplish this without having to establish a trust. I suggest you meet with an estate planning attorney to discuss your intentions and the options available to you.

  3. You should review this matter with an attorney. Many attorneys offer a free consultations, including my office, where we can fully evaluate the complaint, your situation and goals.

  4. To answer your question-we have flat fees posted on our website at
    Wills and trusts accomplish the same task-distribution of assets and appointment of personal representatives and trustees.
    Trusts can avoid probate and guardianship which can be very expensive-even on small estates.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics