How much will cost to draft a living trust, I just have a house and checking and saving account

Asked over 1 year ago - Apopka, FL

I also have 4 adult children

1. Jed R Prest

4

Answered . You should review this matter with an attorney. Many attorneys offer a free consultations, including my office, where we can fully evaluate the complaint, your situation and goals.

2. Stephanie Sauer Woods

Pro

3

Answered . You may not need a trust to accomplish your intentions. A trust is not always necessary. If you are wanting to avoid probate, there are other ways you can accomplish this without having to establish a trust. I suggest you meet with an estate planning attorney to discuss your intentions and the options available to you.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . To answer your question-we have flat fees posted on our website at
    www.attypip.com.
    Wills and trusts accomplish the same task-distribution of assets and appointment of personal representatives and trustees.
    Trusts can avoid probate and guardianship which can be very expensive-even on small estates.

4. Truman John Costello Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . If your two accounts add up to less than $75,000.00, you are probably better off with just a Will because a summary probate would be available no matter what the value of your home is. As long as you devise your home to children (or spouse outright if you have one), the home will be considered exempt property and will not count towards the $75,000 summary probate maximum asset value. You can likely also add your children as payable on death beneficiaries on your accounts in order to keep those assets out of probate and free from creditor claims. Trusts are not always the best answer for avoiding probate - and will not avoid probate if there are significant creditors of your estate.

This is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship.