How much to request for settlement on a herniated lumbar disc? Wilkes Barre, PA

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wilkes Barre, PA

My attorney just conatcted me and stated that the insurance company wants to know if I would like to settle my case. I have a lumbar disc hernaition, I have gone through physical therapy and injections all with no help. How much should I ask for? What is the average amount in Pennsylvania. Also, my lawyer did say they figure it by years

1. Timothy Patrick Brennan

Pro

Answered . This would be very case specific. It does sound like conservative treatment is not working so you must consider that you may need a surgery in the near future. There are several other factors, but the person who has the file is the best person to be asking these questions.

Timothy P. Brennan, Esq.
    Brennan Law Offices
    2030 Tilghman Street, Suite 203
    Allentown, PA 18104
    tim@brennanoffices.com
    1-877-927-5846
    www.brennanoffices.com

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

2. Charles Anthony Rick

Answered . There is no way that any attorney on this site can even guess as to how much you should request for settlement based on the 4 line paragraph provided. If you have an attorney already, you shoudl contact your attorney and ask how he is calculating the amoutn being requested.