How much time would you get for a second offense felony? The first being Burglary of Hab. the second Attempted Burg. of Hab.

Baytown, TX |

My brother was charged with Burglary of a Habitation when he was 18. He served 9 months in prison. he was denied parole the first time, but got it the second time. He did a year and a half and completed his parole. My brother is now nearly 21 years old. He was arrested and charged today with Attempted Burglary of a Habitation and Evading Arrest. How much time would someone get for a second time Felony of that nature in Texas?

1. The range of punishment is great. It will ultimately be up to the facts of the case at hand, what the prosecutor is willing to offer, how competent the defense lawyer, and what the judge is willing to accept/hand down as punishment. Should the case go to trial and he is found guilty, punishment varies even more greatly at the hands of a jury. I would highly recommend your brother consult an attorney in person and get him/her more detailed facts about his case, and that attorney could give you a better answer to this question.