How much time would my friend serve for man/del cs pg1<1g and poss cs pg 1>=4g<200g 2nd degree felony

Asked over 2 years ago - Tyler, TX

Family violence,traffic violations etc.

1. Jodi Soyars

Pro

1

1

Answered . I cannot speak for the amount of time he would actually serve, because it may be possible for him to beat the charges or receive some type of community supervision. However, a second degree felony offense carries a punishment range of 2-20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. The third degree offense of manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance less than one gram carries a range of punishment of 2-10 years in prison with up to a $10,000 fine. Again, though, this does not preclude the possibility of community supervision even if he is found guilty. Whether he receives community supervision will depend on the court and the facts of the case. I strongly recommend he retain a criminal defense attorney to help him fight the charges, as they are serious and it's important to make sure that everything that can be done to help him is being done at the trial court level. Waiting until someone is in prison and trying to fight it from there on appeal gives him a very limited chance of success--most of us would go so far as to say "slim to none."