How much time will my husband actually spend in prison ?

Long Beach, CA |

My husband got sentenced to state prison for 2 years at 85%. For a PC 211 , it's his first offense . Since it's a strong arm robbery charge can he still earn any kind of good time or what's the estimated time he will actually spend there ?

1. He will be doing 2 years at 85%. Approximately 20 months (1 year, 8 months).

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

2. Somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years. So probably 20/21 months.

3. Non-violent offenders may be considered for early release from state prison, (sometimes then being sent to county jails), but because of the nature of your husband's crime he will probably have to do the full 85%.

4. Be careful, you are asking lawyers to do math.