How much time will my fiance have to do if they charge him with aggravated robbery before he will be eligible for parole in TDC?

We have heard rumors that it was changed from 50% to 35% recently... Is that true?

Dallas, TX -

Kathryn Mary Holton

Kathryn Mary Holton

Criminal Defense Attorney - Georgetown, TX

He must be convicted by a Judge or Jury, then sentenced to a term anywhere from 5-99 years or life.
life is calculated as 60 years. Whatever the number, its half (50 %) the time flat before he first comes up for parole. So if for instance his sentence was 30 years he would be eligible for parole in 15 years.
I do not know if the law has changed, could have and I am unaware of it right.

Sponsored Listing
Walt Allen Cleveland

Walt Allen Cleveland

Criminal Defense Attorney - Bedford, TX

The simple answer to your question is that since this is a 3(g) or aggravated offense and therefore he must serve 50% of his sentence before he becomes eligible for parole, the law has not changed. According to current TDCJ parole statistics, the chances of making parole the 1st time are less that 33% . A good parole specialist attorney would increase those odds.

Peter Christian Komar

Peter Christian Komar

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chicago, IL

I agree with Kathryn, contact his attorney

Related Advice