Skip to main content

How much time will I serve in San Joaquin County Jail with alternative work program time served?

Stockton, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was senteneced to 80 days in 4/2011 for receiving stolen property and was put on an alternative work program. The program only had me do a sentence of 38 days I attended 35 work days, I have to turn myself in Thursday, 08/25/2011 for the days missed.. What is an estimate of my release? I'm going to school & kinda want to see how much I'll miss.

I also served 5 days in jail before I got OR from court. If anyone can help me before Tuesday that would be great & greatly appreciated, just want to be able to prepare myself. Thank you very much.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You might not have to do any additional days of actual custody if you can get your case back on calendar and be re-referred to the alternative work program. You would need a good reason to explain to the Court why you did not attend all of your assigned days.

Although I am an experienced CA criminal defense and appeals attorney, I can not 'guarantee' that my answer is entirely accurate, since I have not reviewed all of the factual circumstances of the case, nor have I discussed those circumstances fully with the questioner. The fact that I have answered this question does not establish an attorney client relationship between the questioner and my self or my office.



Thank you for the advice & the time taken to answer my question. I very much appreciate it. Hope you have a blessed day.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer