How much time will I serve in San Joaquin County Jail with alternative work program time served?

Stockton, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was senteneced to 80 days in 4/2011 for receiving stolen property and was put on an alternative work program. The program only had me do a sentence of 38 days I attended 35 work days, I have to turn myself in Thursday, 08/25/2011 for the days missed.. What is an estimate of my release? I'm going to school & kinda want to see how much I'll miss.

I also served 5 days in jail before I got OR from court. If anyone can help me before Tuesday that would be great & greatly appreciated, just want to be able to prepare myself. Thank you very much.

You might not have to do any additional days of actual custody if you can get your case back on calendar and be re-referred to the alternative work program. You would need a good reason to explain to the Court why you did not attend all of your assigned days.

Although I am an experienced CA criminal defense and appeals attorney, I can not 'guarantee' that my answer is entirely accurate, since I have not reviewed all of the factual circumstances of the case, nor have I discussed those circumstances fully with the questioner. The fact that I have answered this question does not establish an attorney client relationship between the questioner and my self or my office.

Thank you for the advice & the time taken to answer my question. I very much appreciate it. Hope you have a blessed day.