How much time will I serve in LA County for a sentence of 180 days?

Chino, CA |

For 2 felony charges (sex-related)

Nobody knows but I imagine probably close to the 180 days. how do you have access to the internet if you have 2 sex related charges especially if you're already sentenced?

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

Sorry, not sentenced yet, but offered 180 days with no registration. Close to 180 days really? What about credits?

Per Penal Code section 4019, you get 2 credits of work time/good time per each 4 actual days served. Meaning you should do 2/3 of 180 days per statute. However, LA County jails are overcrowded, and therefore the Sheriff's Department often releases inmates early.

Note: because you were convicted of 2 felony sex crimes, as opposed to less serious misdemeanor charges, you are more likely to do closer to the amount of time proscribed in PC 4019, as less likely to be released on 10%-20% time as are many inmates convicted of lesser misdemeanor crimes.