How much time will I do if I violate felony probation and get charged with dui

Asked over 1 year ago - Austell, GA

I have a simple possession years ago finished probation now on felony probation for aggravated assault I just sent to jail for no tag suspended license and DUI lawyer violated me now just waiting for court I also just have 3 months on probation thank you

1. Robert Rogers Giannini

Pro

5

Answered . So much depends on the judge, the PO, and your lawyer. But, remember, if the PO alleges that you have violated probation by committing a new offense, he or she has to prove that. Keep in your mind the difference between proof that you were charged with a new offense (which is enough to start the probation violation process only), and proof that you actually committed the new offense (which is required for a finding that you violated probation). There are essentially three ways that the PO can prove that you violated probation by committing a new offense: 1. if you admit it, 2. if you have plead or been found guilty of the new charge, 3. by having an witnesses to the new charge (probably a cop in this case) come testify at the probation hearing. A nolo plea to the new charges is not proof of the new offense for probation violation purposes (fellow attorneys see Bolden v. State, Ga. SCt. S01G1712, 5-13-2002). I think you need to consult with a lawyer who practices regularly before the judge who has you on probation. Good luck.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . If you only have 3 months left on probation that is the maximum amount of time they can send you back to jail.

3. Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

2

Answered . You will do up to the maximum time remaining on your sentence. Hire the best lawyer you can afford, and follow that attorney's advice.