How much time will be served by a person on probation for drug charges, if they are caught in violation on drugs?

Asked 11 months ago - Creola, OH

This person has been attending meetings but has missed some and has serious drug problems

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A person can receive all of the suspended sentence if they violate a term of their probation. Whether this will happen depends on the judge, the probation officer, how long the person has been on probation, how many violations they have, the severity of the probation, the persons past criminal record, and whether they have a good violation if a revocation is filed.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone (24/7)

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  2. Patricia Jean Smith

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Can't answer the question without more information. Are they felony or misdemeanor charges originally? What was the original sentence imposed? Need more information

  3. Colin R. Maher

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . It could be all of the suspended time, could be some of the suspended time, or could be none of the suspended time. It all depends on probation's position, the prosecutor's position, the severity of the violation itself, mitigating factors, and ultimately the judge's position.

    Answers to questions are not legal advice. They are for general educational purposes and in no way establish an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,591 answers this week

3,317 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,591 answers this week

3,317 attorneys answering