How much time will a person get for aggravated battery domestic first offense FL

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

One prior arrest adudication withheld, "victim" is grandmother(who is crazy) defendant is 20 yrs old with very low IQ (documented). Also interested in what if any bond might be assesed? I know that bond is up to the judge.

Forgot to say Alleged "victim".

1. William David Umansky

Pro

6

Answered . It is very hard to determine what "time" the person faces based upon your questions. We do not have enough information. Factors to determine what possible sentence the defendant is facing can include prior history, victim' s desires, whether there was great bodily injury to the victim, specific evidence of proof or lack thereof, prosecutor, judge and perhaps who you hire as a criminal attorney. I could give you a general answer about the maximum time but that is usually not going to be potential sentence. Contact a local lawyer and bring in the police report and see what the lawyer advises.

2. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleague below. I strongly recommend You retain a criminal defense attorney immediately. My firm is located in Tampa and offers free case consultations. Our office number is 813 830 2261. Good luck.

3. Matthew Phillip Konecky

6

Answered . The amount of "time" someone will do depends on several factors. First, the only reason someone will be sentenced is if the enter a plea of guilty or no contest or get found guilty at trial. Find an attorney in your area to help your loved one deal with their situation.

4. Amber Hill

Pro

4

1

Answered . As the other attorneys said, it will depend on what the State is seeking based on their review of the defendant's file. My office is in Saint Petersburg; feel free to contact me if you would like assistance with your matter.

5. Roger P. Foley

Pro

3

1

Answered . Aggravated battery scores a minimum of 21 months florida state prison with a maximum of 15 years. That is if you plea the case or lose at trial. There are defenses and mitigation available so sentence could be anywhere from nothing if you win to 15 years fsp if you lose. Hire someone who is not a plea lawyer otherwise your friend/family member will end up in prison.