How much time vermont service center takes to approve I130 petition for alien spouse after upgrading the status to US citizen.

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlantic City, NJ

Hi. I had applied for my husband in May 2012 when i was a Permanent Resident. I recently got citizenship and have updated the status from LPR to US citizen by calling uscis afrer getting citizenship . They sent me an email stating" we have updated your relative petition to immediate relative of US citizen and is in active processing" our case is being handled by vermont service center.My question is that how much time it normaly takes for the approval of such applications. Can you please explain that how such effect of upgrading pthe petition works.

1. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

Answered . USCIS has said that they are trying to approve all immediate relative I-130 petitions within 6 months of receipt. So I would guess that it would be less than 6 months

2. Kristina A. Gasson

Answered . It depends on your case, but since they've already updated your application, you can check the case processing times using the link below. VSC is currently processing applications from May 2012.