How much time USC-IS take to provide decision on L-1 B individual regular process? Can I apply for H-1 B if my L-1 B in process

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Hi

I have filed my L-1 B individual petition in regular process and got the receipt no. on 4th of November 2013.

1. Charles H Kuck

Pro

1

Answered . Without premium processing, count on 45 to. 90 days for an initial response.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . It can be a long process.

Filing for an H before getting a decision on the L is not a good idea.

What did the company's immigration lawyer say about this idea?

3. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . The same employer or another employer can file an H1B petition for you, but as you are probably aware the filing will be constrained by the visa cap.

There are also issues of being granted change or extension of status to H1B if an intervening petition is still pending with the USCIS, so the question of whether an H1B petition can be filed is separate from the question of whether it is desirable. The pending L1B petition can easily take several months for a decision, esp. if there is an RFE. Please consult with an immigration lawyer.