How much time should someone expect to serve for a second dui within 2 years when this person was considered a htv after the 1st

Marion, IN |

I reside in grant county indiana. About 18 months ago I was charged with a owi and I pled guilty. I got one year suspended and one year probation which I served. Due to having 10 tickets in ten years this dui caused me to be considered a mini habitual traffic offender and my license is suspended for 5 years. I have not be in any trouble since then until a week ago. I was pulled over for driving as an htv and also another owi. I am out on bond and I go to court soon. I am wondering what should I prepare myself for? Am I facing a year in jail? What is the average sentence given for this? Please help! I have enrolled in aa classes.

This is very serious.

The DUI will likely be charged as a D felony. If you plead guilty or are found guilty the sentencing range is 6 months to 3 years in the Department of Corrections.

The HTV will likely be charged as a D felony. If you plead guilty or are found guilty the sentencing range is 6 months to 3 years in the Department of Corrections. Worse, is that if you plead guilty or are found guilty you will lose your license for life.

PLEASE find an attorney that will fight for you. Good luck.

This is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be obtained from a lawyer after you have entered into an attorney client relationship. If you would like to discuss your case please contact me at (317) 489-9611.

2. You should ask a local DUI defense attorney for a free consultation.