How much time it takes for COS to H4 from L1B ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Coppell, TX

My LIB VISA and I94 will expire on 30 March 2013 . My employer has filed L1 B extension and I got REF on that . I am not confident that L1 B extension will be approved therefore after I file REF response i am planning to go for COS to H4 so that I don't go out of status and then from H4 I can go ahead and file H1 . I want to know how much time it takes for COS to H4 from L1B as i want to work maximum number of days before I go for H4 . Also is is possible that I e - file H4 application work till I get verdict on my L1 B extension and after that only submit documents required for H4 . in case L1 gets rejected I will not be out of status as I have already files H4 application and if L1 gets approved I can withdraw H4 application .

1. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . It's impossible to tell since your H4 can only be approved if the L1b extension is granted. Generally, it is not a good idea to file multiple applications, all pending at the same time, to try to cover all possible bases.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

-----------
    Law Office of Alena Shautsova
    2908A Emmons Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11235
    Tel 917-885-2261
    Fax 347-561-9008
    Website www.shautsova.com
    Blog www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com
    Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/immigrationlawyerny

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.