How much time it takes for COS to H4 from L1B ?

Coppell, TX |

My LIB VISA and I94 will expire on 30 March 2013 . My employer has filed L1 B extension and I got REF on that . I am not confident that L1 B extension will be approved therefore after I file REF response i am planning to go for COS to H4 so that I don't go out of status and then from H4 I can go ahead and file H1 . I want to know how much time it takes for COS to H4 from L1B as i want to work maximum number of days before I go for H4 . Also is is possible that I e - file H4 application work till I get verdict on my L1 B extension and after that only submit documents required for H4 . in case L1 gets rejected I will not be out of status as I have already files H4 application and if L1 gets approved I can withdraw H4 application .

It's impossible to tell since your H4 can only be approved if the L1b extension is granted. Generally, it is not a good idea to file multiple applications, all pending at the same time, to try to cover all possible bases.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues.

-----------
Law Office of Alena Shautsova
2908A Emmons Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Tel 917-885-2261
Fax 347-561-9008
Website www.shautsova.com
Blog www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/immigrationlawyerny

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com