How much time it takes COS from L1B to H4

Dallas, TX |

My L1B VISA and I94 are expiring on 31 March 2013 . I got REF on L1B extension and I have to reply it till 11 May 2013 . I am planning to file COS for H4 in May . Can I stay in US if my L1 b extension is denied by my H4 COS is pending and was filed before I got L1 B extension denial notice ? How much time it takes for COS from L1 B to H4 ?

1. Yes.

A COS application takes about 4-5 months from time of receipt to be adjudicated .

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Providing your I-129 or I-539 was timely filed you are able to remain in the USA while the COS applications are adjudicated. These matters can be complicated - do not venture into this area without the advice of an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.