How much time it takes COS from L1B to H4

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

My L1B VISA and I94 are expiring on 31 March 2013 . I got REF on L1B extension and I have to reply it till 11 May 2013 . I am planning to file COS for H4 in May . Can I stay in US if my L1 b extension is denied by my H4 COS is pending and was filed before I got L1 B extension denial notice ? How much time it takes for COS from L1 B to H4 ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes.

A COS application takes about 4-5 months from time of receipt to be adjudicated .

2. Win Chester Eaton

Pro

1

Answered . Providing your I-129 or I-539 was timely filed you are able to remain in the USA while the COS applications are adjudicated. These matters can be complicated - do not venture into this area without the advice of an experienced immigration attorney.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.