How much time is there typically to file an appeal after a divorce?

Should I talk to my lawyer beforehand, if I feel like that outcome is not going to be one I like?

Lowell, MA -

Nicole C. Armstrong

Nicole C. Armstrong

Family Law Attorney - Lowell, MA

The appeals process is very cumbersome and procedural. There are numerous specific steps that need to be taken and if not taken properly, could dismiss your appeal. It is advisable that you speak with your current counsel who can file a Notice of Appeal on your behalf following the issuance of the Judgment and then it is advisable that you seek the services of an appellate attorney who can proceed with the appeal.

Erik Hammarlund

Erik Hammarlund

Employment / Labor Attorney - Vineyard Haven, MA

Yes. If you have a lawyer it is always best to discuss possible outcomes with him or her.