How much time is my brother going a way to prison? Is a Brain injury important in this case? Can he get mental and medical help?

Wichita, KS |

Brother is facing probation violation and 13 burglary some aggreviated and residential. This will be his Third prison term. He had a traumatic frontal head injury at 5. Started stealing within a year and has never stopped.He is now thirty, kleptomaniac. He doesnt smoke, drink, or do drugs. Started with small things and now many electronics from homes.He has only been out for 8 months. good job, a baby on the way. Started church in jail and continued until his arresst. Clearly he is very troubled. He has never seen a docter for his childhood injury, I strongly believe that he is not just a criminal or mentally ill. I believe he has brain damage that affect his impulsivity, ability to make good decisions, and to learn from his experiences, & more. He needs to be medically evaluated & treated

Many people post questions here asking about their chances in court. No one online can validly predict what the future holds. The subject penalties may be based on a myriad of reasons. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say how much time "does he get".

Check with a KS lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

I see many questions on avvo in which people want to do what is going to happen to them because of such and such an offense or parole violation. In truth no one except your lawyer can even give you an approximate answer to that question because it depends on so many variables: your state’s laws and procedures, your criminal history if any, whether there are any sentencing enhancements, whether your state has diversion programs for your offense. These kinds of questions really require that you contact a local lawyer and even then they can only give you a range.