How much time is left to apply for DREAM act.

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Deferred action

I am 20 years old and have been in the US for 16 years. Is there a deadline to apply for the DREAM act?

Less than one year unless renewed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

No there is no deadline. There is no DREAM act and the way things are going, I am not sure there will be. IF you are talking about DACA, it is no Act of Congress. It is a last second solution by the Administration. You can still file if qualify.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

There is no DREAM act.

Perhaps you're referring to DACA ... no deadline ... as long as you are less than 31.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleague. At the present time there is no Dream Act, there is only deferred action for which you may qualify. It is best to consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Please understand that there is no DREAM ACT - that is legislation that has been proposed numerous times and defeated in Congress.

We do have the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - DACA - who some refer to Dreamers -- it appears that you do qualify for DACA. Why apply now or as soon as possible? If we have comprehensive immigration reform and we pray we will, many people will be applying. If you have applied for DACA and even better if you have been granted DACA, you will be at the front of the line. This is not legal advise - it is merely my opinion. With DACA, your biometrics - fingerprints will be on file, I think you will be at the front of the line - Just my opinion... nothing more.

Recommended articles about Immigration