How much time does it take to clear I-140 on EB1 category ?

Bentonville, AR |

I am on an L1A visa and qualify under EB1 category. I have just applied for I-140. I know it is difficult to estimate a timeline, but is it possible to suggest a number of days based on your experience for I-140 to be cleared? Some people tell me 30 days and some say 90, so I am confused.

1. You can get an estimate of your expected processing time for your petition by going to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

On the bottom is a section where you can get an estimated processing time based on what type of petition it is and which Service Center it is pending at.

Ari Sauer
    The Immigration Answer Man
    Siskind Susser Law Firm
    1028 Oakhaven Rd.
    Memphis, TN 38119
    901-682-6455
    www.immigrationanswerman.com
    www.visalaw.com/ari
    www.facebook.com/the.immigration.answer.man

Disclaimer: The information here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon without first consulting with an experienced immigration law attorney. The information given may not apply to your individual situation. Immigration laws, regulation and procedure change frequently. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice without first consulting with an immigration lawyer and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Please note that this site is open to the public and any information posted by readers can be viewed by government officials. Ari Sauer is licensed to practice by the states of NY & NJ only and limits his practice to immigration law. Neither NY, NJ or TN offer certification as an Immigration Specialist. This is an advertisement.

2. The answer below notwithstanding, I would realistically estimate 9-12 months, based on my latest experience with an EB-1 National Interest Waiver case approval.

3. Estimate processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. Processing and adjudication times vary widely. The USCIS provides a processing schedule, but its accuracy is open for debate. 30 days would be incredibly unlikely. You will want to discuss timing with your attorney.