How much time do prosecutors have to allow me a speedy trial after an arrest in Omaha, NE? Criminal Case

Asked about 1 year ago - Omaha, NE

NE Revised Statute 29-1207, NE Constitution I-11, Article 6 of U.S. Constitution

1. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

Answered . They have six months from the time you enter a plea of not guilty. Filing motions, etc., can extend the period.

2. Tregg Robert Lunn

Pro

Answered . 180 days from the date of the filing of the Information in felony cases. If you have been charged with a felony, that clock does not even start until you are bound over to District Court. As said earlier, different events stop that clock such as the filing of Motions etc.