How much time do prosecutors have to allow me a speedy trial after an arrest in Omaha, NE? Criminal Case

Asked over 1 year ago - Omaha, NE

NE Revised Statute 29-1207, NE Constitution I-11, Article 6 of U.S. Constitution

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . They have six months from the time you enter a plea of not guilty. Filing motions, etc., can extend the period.

    Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our... more
  2. Tregg Robert Lunn


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . 180 days from the date of the filing of the Information in felony cases. If you have been charged with a felony, that clock does not even start until you are bound over to District Court. As said earlier, different events stop that clock such as the filing of Motions etc.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,742 answers this week

3,413 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,742 answers this week

3,413 attorneys answering