How much time can i get for robbery,conpiracy and assault by mob

Stafford, VA |

a kid said i robbed him for 100 dollars and his cell and specifaclly said my name but he also said two others were with me but cant id them he sai we assaulted him and took his stuff how much time will i possibly get if found guilty?

Answered 01/06/2011: There are many factors involved in calculating the likely jail time from conviction of these 3 charges. Typically a person would consult the Virginia sentencing guidelines. The max for them has very little to do with what you might ultimately get if convicted. I would suggest contacting a criminal defense lawyer for help on defense of the charges and questions about the likely sentence. But since you asked, here are the maximums for each.

1. Robbery - Virginia Code 18.2-58 carries 5 yrs to life
2. Conspiracy to Commit Robbery - Virginia Code 18.2-22 (a)(2) is a class 5 felony with a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
3. Assault by Mob - Virginia Code 18.2-42 has a possible 1 year (6 months when calculating the time as a misdemeanor).

They could all run consecutive or concurrent, if the judge wanted to do it. Good Luck with this.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

Brian Geno
Geno Law Firm
Red Maple Court Office Condominiums
10617 Jones Street, Suite 201-B
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-691-GENO (4366) Office
703-691-4774 Fax Email Web Web