How much time can i get for reckless endangerment felony in california?

Asked about 3 years ago - Merced, CA

I am attempting to get an attempted murder dropped to the lesser charge of reckless endangerment is this possible? If so how much time could i still get?

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . I don't know of a specific statute prohibiting reckless endangerment. When we use that term we are usually talking about someone who put a child in harm's way. Penal Code 273a-273d. The statute specifically says that it does not bar the offender from being charged under PC 187, homicide, and that would appear to include attempted murder. Not knowing the circumstances of what happened (an don't post them here) I doubt but cannot say for sure that your charge could be reduced to one of the 273 charges. This is something for you to discuss with your attorney and him/her only who knows all the facts and circumstances of your case.

2. Joseph Torri

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Don't post the details here. Discuss the matter with your attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint the public defender. If you are trying to represent yourself, get a lawyer or a public defender!

www.JoeTorriLaw.com