Skip to main content

How much time can i get for reckless endangerment felony in california?

Merced, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime Homicide

I am attempting to get an attempted murder dropped to the lesser charge of reckless endangerment is this possible? If so how much time could i still get?

Attorney Answers 2


I don't know of a specific statute prohibiting reckless endangerment. When we use that term we are usually talking about someone who put a child in harm's way. Penal Code 273a-273d. The statute specifically says that it does not bar the offender from being charged under PC 187, homicide, and that would appear to include attempted murder. Not knowing the circumstances of what happened (an don't post them here) I doubt but cannot say for sure that your charge could be reduced to one of the 273 charges. This is something for you to discuss with your attorney and him/her only who knows all the facts and circumstances of your case.

Mark as helpful


I agree with my colleague. Don't post the details here. Discuss the matter with your attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint the public defender. If you are trying to represent yourself, get a lawyer or a public defender!

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics