How much time can i get for petty larceny and i have 1 arrest on my record?

Spring Valley, NY |

i stole from a clothes store 90$ worth and i payed thier bill but i do have 1 arrest on my record i did 9 months for attempted robbery

Much will depend on where the case is. You could receive up to one year in jail but a non-jail disposition is possible. Good luck n

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

You really should consult with an attorney here. If you are on probation or parole, you can do additional time on that.

The max jail time is 1 year. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.